Latest update: 03/07/2020
After the latest government announcement on COVID-19, I wanted to reassure you that we are taking every possible measure to keep our team safe and help minimise the spread of COVID-19. It is a top priority for us. Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by COVID-19. We are all in this together, so please stay safe.
Whilst we treat the wellbeing of our family, friends, colleagues and clients as our priority, we also recognise our commercial responsibility to you, our valued client, as we navigate these unprecedented times.
We're here to help you
- As a business that already operates an agile working environment, the whole RIFT Accounting team are equipped with the latest laptops, and have high speed internet at home, ensuring we can all continue to operate business as usual in a working from home scenario if this is required.
- We operate a business-wide email address - firstname.lastname@example.org - that can be used should you not be able to reach your usual contact for any reason, illness or otherwise. Please enter 'URGENT' in the subject when using this address and someone will get back to you.
- We operate Microsoft Teams for all colleagues for 'casual' comms, maintaining a sense of community when not physically together.
- We will continue to be open for business between 9am and 5.30pm, but of course most of us can be contacted outside of office hours for emergencies. If you don't think you have the necessary contact details (i.e. mobile number) please let us know immediately.
- With regards to face to face meetings, for the foreseeable future we are looking to use alternative methods such as video calling or skype. If you do require a meeting please let us know and we will facilitate this with you.
The Latest Information
We are updating our blogs with the latest information you need as soon as it becomes available.
The scheme is winding up in October with more changes on the way.
If you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been adversely affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) find out if you can use this scheme to claim a grant.
A new scheme sees the government paying 80% of “furloughed” workers' wages to help businesses and employees through the quarantine.
New grant for self-employed people affected by COVID-19.
As the COVID-19 crisis develops, so does the government's help package for : Business Rates, Grants and Loans.
New scheme allows SMEs to reclaim SSP payments for 14 days.
Just a few weeks before new regulations over IR35 were set to roll out to private sector businesses, Chief Treasury Secretary Steve Barclay has announced a delay until April 2021.
The Government has set up a helpline for small businesses worried about the impact of Covid-19