RIFT On The Radio: The Counting House
Join Us In The Business Bunker On Tuesdays At 1pm
RIFT Accounting has teamed up with Channel Radio to sponsor The Business Bunker Show.
Join RIFT in The Counting House every month for advice, entertainment and to hear inspirational guest speakers.
The show is every Tuesday from 1-3pm, hosted by Paul Andrewsand features guests and topics talking about all manner of useful and interesting things to do with small businesses. You can phone in or tweet using the #bunker with your questions either live or ahead of time.
If you can't listen live, never fear, all shows are recorded and can be downloaded from the Bunker Site.
Past Shows To Download
- Mark Little from Proteus VR talks about working on the continuous development of a virtual reality headset for both leisure, commercial and health programmes, has a great story to tell. Mark also discussed how the company has benefitted from working with RIFT R&D tax credits
- Nettie & Paul Christmas Extravaganza
As it is Christmas, this month on the radio we ‘turned the tables’ and Nettie Bunn, Partnership manager at RIFT Accounting, interviewed Paul Andrews! Find out ‘What Paul Andrews wants to do when he grows up’, as well as news on his ‘first car’, what he believes business owners really want to achieve and his thoughts about 2016 and 2017.
- Chris West, Business Development Manager for Canterbury City Council talks about the Unconference 2016 and Start my Biz and Grow my Biz: 2 great initiatives that Canterbury City Council run for the business community. RIFT Accounting work closely as partners with Canterbury City Council.
- Nadine Monks owner of Evolution Forces Families joins Nettie in the Business Bunker. Listen to Nadine telling the story about undertaking traditional financial services as a career, becoming an army wife and subsequently using her expertise to help forces families realise their financial ambitions and awareness. Also how with other like-minded military wives she is forming a CiC and a network to continue this great venture.
- Zoe Cairns joins Annette to talk about her various overseas speaking events as well as the social media academy she has recently set up.
- Sarah Poole from Westenhanger Castle talks about the beautiful venue that she runs and some of the events they have coming up. Also listen to Annette and Sarah discussing the importance of the relationship they have working together and the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people in business.
- Mike Read from Prospect Tree Financial Services talks generally around mortgages, pensions and financial planning, making a point that these are not scary subjects to be avoided!
- Mat Velvick from KDC Cleaning talks about being one of Kent’s ‘top 30 under (the age of) 30’ entrepreneurs
- Lucy Clements of That Dog Place talks about how she grew her business with Partnership Manager Annette Bunn.
- Simon Mead of The Lawyer Fair talks about his vision for the future of legal services in The Counting House with Jane Ollis.
- Olly Clark joins the Counting House to talk about the challenges of rowing the Atlantic, sponsered by RIFT, for the Soldier's Charity and Prostate Cancer.
- Ben Towers visits the Counting House to discuss the challenges of being a young entrepreneur.
- Which numbers really count? Jane Ollis looks at the 5 numbers you really need to keep track of to succeed in business.
- The 5 secrets of great entrepreneurs. Jane Ollis looks at what you need to make your business a success, using case studies from our most successful clients.
- The Importance of Collaboration for Small Businesses with Partnership Manager Annette Bunn.
- What is the role of an accountant? Do you dread seeing yours? What an accountant should be doing for you, how to choose the best one for your needs and how to make the most of the relationship.
- Society Is Everybody's Business - Setting Up, Funding and Running Social Enterprises with MD Jane Ollis
- How To Win The VAT Race with Senior Accountant Chris Gaze
Different kinds of VAT, How and when to register, Making payment, Fines and penalties
- Common Questions About HMRC Fines and Penalties (visit ourt fines, surcharges or penalties pages for help with any current issues)
- The VATMOSS regulations (also read the VATMOSS guide on our blog) with Senior Accountant Chris Gaze and MD Jane Ollis
- 200th Anniversary Special with RIFT MDs Jane Ollis and Sue Nelson
If you have a topic you would like us to discuss on the show then please let us know.
You can also catch up on all topics under discussion on the Business Bunker blog.
The Business Bunker will also be on taking part in our Small Business Base Camps, on site to record workshops and presentations and interview people at the event.
Call us on 01233 653006 and see how we can help you today.